Monday, July 20, 2009

CITRUS OCEAN...MORE THEFT AND FRAUD BY MANUEL CRISTERNA

THE THEFT AND FRAUD CONTINUES...ON & ON

Hello all,
We just returned from MAZ; although we stayed at the Mayan Palace (one of our timeshare resorts) we visited our other resort Playa Maria.
We requested an owner's update since we were in Maz. We were shocked to learn that Playa Maria is no longer; the owners have declared bankrupt and another company purchased Playa Maria and renamed it Crown Marina Golf Resort within the last 2-3 weeks. We received no notice prior to traveling to Maz.
The new owners have declared all the contracts void unless you are willing to pay additional money to "renew" your contract with the new owners.
We had paid our maintenance fees for the life of the previous contract & paid off our loan with Playa Maria. The Salesman name Frank kept saying we are going to honor your contract; however in order to keep our ownership with Crown Marina Golf Resort and not lose the money that we had paid in, we had to pay extra money.
Per Frank, he stated letters will be sent to all the owners. Owners, you will be surprised to learn of the new changes.


Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having difficulties sending emails to Carlos. I've tried all 3 email addresses and they've been returned. I'm hoping that the email is down.


The Playa Maria distribution list if for Playa Maria Owners (aka Torrenza). The Villas Coral are not a part of PM at this time. They were the former owners (Crown Bay, Grand Bay).
Actually, their appears to be a dispute over ownership but at this time it is the COVI group, not the Villas Corals (Jose Manuel). At least that is our understanding.
We are now at Playa Maria and the only email for Carlos we have is Carlos_galindo@hotmail.com. They are not confirming reservations for next year. Anyone with confirmed reseravation for this year (those made last year) are being accepted - I am not aware of anyone being turned away and we have been here a month.
If you are a PM owner and on the Distribution List you can contact members currently staying at PM.


Please add my name to the owners' list for PM, AKA Crown Bay, AKA Grand Bay, etc.
I was there for a week in February, 2009, surprized to find the name change when stopping by to check on things. Wanted to pay my 2009 maintenance fee, and that's when I got the update: new owners, increase in maintenance fees, and a one time assessment of $950. While researching my file with the manager, he could find no record of the past two years maintenance fees paid. He indicated that this was the case with many of the owners and that the prior owner had taken the funds, and was now in jail. If I paid the $950 fee, and booked my 2 weeks for 2010, he would give me two weeks credit each for 2007 &2008, plus 2 more bonus weeks for the 2010. I still have one week of 2009 left. This would give me a total of 9 weeks that I could use together in 2010, or split them up. Also my maintenance fees are frozen for the duration of my contract (25yrs) at $500/2weeks/yr.,plus 18%tax for the duration o9f the contract. I paid half of the fee; remaining due on April 15th,2009. I have all of this in writing, signed by Karla Nieto, Member Services Department.


We were able (we think) to confirm our reservations for the Villas in May. They did not have a record of us having paid our maintenance fee for those 2 weeks but we were able to prove it to them we paid because of a money order receipt.
The email we got through on is:
nietok2004@gmail.com - Karla Nieto
We will update this blog when we are there or when we get back.
Another interesting website if you have not been on it is:
http://mazatlanfraud.blogspot.com/

Hope this is helpful, will send more when we know,


Am interested to learn how to "walk away" from my maintenance fee contract. I'm willing to give up the money invested to purchase 2weeks of timeshare for my peace of mind. Have read the blog about the current owner, Jose Manuael Criserna Velacuez, and the possible illegal activities he's involved in.
I saw his "security men" at PM in February, and frankly they frightened me, a single woman.
Thank you for any direction you can give me.

So glad to find you!
We bought Januarys, unit #58, at Marina y Villas Coral at Isla Mazatlan in 2006. We have a 5-year contract in which we let them use the first 3 years to rent out. That means 2010 is the first year we could use it - but I've found out that the unit we bought isn't even owned by them! They supposedly had an option on it, but I believe #58 ws since bought by another company.
I can't get them to return my emils or letters to get more information and was beginning to assume they were out of business. The last letter we received from them was a message to start sending payments to a place in Laredo_Texas-Vacations.
Laredo Texas, not to B of A, and it was signed Crown Bay Residences.
My next letter was to be to Profeco in Mazatlan, but maybe someone has an email address that works. (I tried Payode1@islandresortsandvillas.com.mx but it never goes through).
Yes, please add me to your group mail with any informaatio about this company. It sounds like they're connected.


Re Island Villas and Resorts: I too have not been able to reach anyone (all e-mail addresses seem to be cancelled)
Noe of the individuals I have previously contacted have valid e-mail addresses.(i.e. Carlos, Jorge, Paty, Yuri, etc.)
If anyone knows what is happening at this particular entity, please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hola alquien quiere decirme si todo lo que sucede en Marina villas Corl es un fraude o solo quienes han hecho compras con el Sr. Cristerna y de la Pena y etc.? existen algunos otros vendedores honestos en ese lugar o todo es lo mismo? necesito informacion recien inverti en tiempos compartidos (agosto 2009)
    gracias. smarylus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will try to convince you that they are doing you a favor by providing you with their personal contact information where you can reach them at anytime if you have any questions or problems. They also fraudulently claim to even be available in the evenings and on weekends because they are dedicated to their clients’ well-being. This is a common scam in the timeshare industry: Timeshare Salesperson Responsibility In Timeshare Scams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete